Adventure according to schedule: the unique Ebbelwei Expreß
The legendary Ebbelwei Expreß offers an adventure of the special Frankfurt variety. On this unusual Frankfurt tram in original style with delicious “Ebbelwei” (apple wine) and friendly people, passengers can relax and watch the world go by in a convivial atmosphere.
Because the Ebbelwei Expreß also passes various tourist sights in Frankfurt, it has become a firm favourite among visitors to the city. However, even long-established residents love their Ebbelwei Express: a cosy, mobile meeting point where you can enjoy tasty treats and beautiful views.
The classic pleasure ride takes place on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Punctual and regular: the Ebbelwei Expreß runs along the normal transport lines. You can start the 1-hour trip at any of the 23 Ebbelwei Express stops. However you can’t split the trip into various parts, as your ticket will cease to be valid if you get off.
By the way: If you listen to our Ebbelwei Expreß Podcast on your smartphone or mobile music player, a trip on the Ebbelwei Expreß will be an experience for the ears as well as the eyes. You can choose standard German or even be authentic and listen in the local Hessian dialect.
- The experience costs €8.00 per adult.For specific passengers, a reduced fare of 3.50 € is charged (upon presentation of proof). The price includes either a bottle of apple wine, apple juice or mineral water and a bag of pretzels.
- Tickets can be bought from the conductor. The price is valid for an approx. one-hour long tour.
- The Ebbelwei Expreß is not your average city tour. It also has a live commentary.
- No service on: Good Friday, Corpus Christi, Remembrance Day, the last Sunday before advent.
- Journey 9 and 10 (see table): Travelling to the boarding stop is no longer possible from Platz der Republik.
- Please note: Breaks in the journey and reservations are unfortunately not possible.
The unique Ebbelwei Expreß: Timetable, stops, prices
The reduced ticket can be purchased by:
Children up to and including 14 years of age
Proof of age
Trainee or Student ID card
Student ID card
Severely handicapped pass
Seniors over 65
Proof of age
Federal Voluntary Service / Voluntary Social Year
Voluntary ID card
Honorary Volunteer ID card
SIC pass (plastic card or app)