School Students and Apprentices - the most important facts at a glance
The Hesse School Student Ticket - flat rate for bus, tram and train
The Hesse School Student Ticket - new as of 1 August 2017
- 1 year of travel for just €1 per day
- Pay €365 per year or €31 per month
- This offer is valid for all school students and apprentices who live, attend school or train in Hesse. This replaces the former CleverCard. For a detailed description of the user groups, click here.
- The ticket is valid for unlimited travel across Hesse as well as in several bordering areas, e.g. Mainz, Eberbach and Warburg. School Student Ticket Map
- The ticket is not transferable. Other passengers may not travel for free with the ticket.
- The School Student Ticket can be ordered up to the 10th day of any calendar month to come into effect on the 1st day of the following month.
- The School Student Ticket can be cancelled up to the 10th day of any month with effect at the end of the same month.
How to order
The ticket is also available at over 40 Ticket Shops in Frankfurt.
For more information, visit: schuelerticket.hessen.de.
The Hesse School Student Ticket with the Frankfurt Pass
- For Frankfurt residents on low incomes.
- Pay €239 once per year or €20.50 per month.
- Available for anyone with a valid Frankfurt Pass who is eligible for the Hesse School Student Ticket (see here). This replaces the former CleverCard with the Frankfurt Pass.
- The Frankfurt Pass must remain valid for a minimum of six months from the first day of validity.
- If the validity of the Frankfurt Pass is extended, VGF must be informed of this immediately via e-mail, post or at the VGF Ticketcenter. Otherwise the ticket will expire on the previous expiry date of the Frankfurt Pass.
- The Hesse School Student Ticket with the Frankfurt Pass has the same features and is subject to the same conditions as the Hesse School Student Ticket (see above and at: schuelerticket.hessen.de).
How to order
The ticket is also available at over 40 ticket shops in Frankfurt.
Student fare weekly and monthly season tickets
These cost-effective tickets can be applied for by schoolchildren, apprentices, college students studying in the RMV area, trainees and guest and exchange students. They can be purchased from any VGF ticket office.
Please note the following conditions:
- Children aged under 15 (6 to 14 years old inclusive) can purchase reduced-fare tickets if they present official proof of their age (e.g. a children’s identification card or a birth certificate).
- School children aged 15 and over, apprentices, students and interns are required to present special proof of entitlement. You’ll find details of all the terms and conditions on the season ticket order form page. Ask a representative from your school or training establishment to complete the relevant section of the order form and then sign and stamp it. Simply take the completed order form to any of our sales outlets to purchase your season ticket.
- Valid season tickets are issued with a non-transferable customer card that must always be carried together with your weekly or monthly ticket. Tickets are only valid during the period indicated on the customer card and within the stated combination of fare zones.
- As they offer reduced-price travel, student-fare weekly or monthly season tickets are non-transferable and do not allow passengers to take anyone else with them free of charge.
- Please remember to renew your season ticket in good time.
- Student-fare weekly and monthly season tickets are valid for the entire inner city area of Frankfurt, including travel to and from the airport.
- If your educational or training establishment is located outside the fare zone for which your ticket is valid, you can under certain conditions travel to and from this establishment by purchasing child-fare single tickets. To apply for this, please complete our order form.
To obtain an order form, you can:
Call us on +49 (0)69 19449
Send us an email or
- Visit any VGF ticket office.